The company has its origins in the village forge founded in 1791 by the blacksmith Anton Stadler, great-grandfather four times removed of Willi Stadler. Over the years, the forge developed into a metalworking shop and subsequently, under the management of Willi Stadler’s father, into a metal construction business specialising in niche markets. Since the early 90s, the business has evolved into a modern metal construction company specialising increasingly in the construction of conveyor and sorting plants for the recycling industry.
The present sole shareholder, Willi Stadler, has run the company since 1991, having taken over the sole management of the Stadler Group in 1998 following the death of his father. All the companies are run by Willi Stadler, Dipl.-Ing. as sole proprietor and managing director, and are therefore exclusively family-run SMEs. Since the end of 2011, Willi Stadler has shared the management of Stadler Anlagenbau GmbH with Mr Claus Maier.